Store Manager-Hinesville, GA
Parker's Company, a growing convenience store company with 11 stores in southeast Georgia, is looking for experienced Store Managers ready to join our team and make a difference!
This is a high-visibility opportunity to build a real career, join a skilled, close-knit company family that includes fellow Managers who have been with us for an average of ten years (some as long as 20 years!)
Reports To: Region Manager
Essential Function: The store manager is responsible for successfully leading, planning, and controlling the activities of the store. This includes successfully managing the gasoline services, food services, and retail services.
Responsibilities: The Store Manager is responsible for the following:
- Financial performance of the store.
- Shift management.
- Employee management.
- Compliance management.
The Store Manager must effectively manage costs, operating profit, and sales projections. The Store Manager is responsible for controlling supplies, inventories, and expenses in accordance with company guidelines and policies. This includes enforcing proper protocol for taking inventory, alcohol and Tabaco sales, shrink prevention, and making sure all procedures and task are accomplished in an effective and timely manner.
The Store Manager must ensure all customer service interactions, security measures, and merchandising are at company standard throughout the shift. Store Managers will:
- Assist customer services representatives on an as needed basis.
- Make sure all store checklists and procedures are accomplished during the designated shifts.
- Keep the retail store, restrooms, landscaping, and gas pumps are clean and correctly arranged.
- Make certain all coolers, counters, and shelves are fully stocked and all promotional material is correctly displayed.
- Complete and/or delegate daily work tasks and checklists.
- Complete responsibilities within the established or designated timeframes.
The Store Manager is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing team members. This includes:
- Assigning shifts
- Assigning duties and checklist
- Ensuring that team members are performing their duties to company standards.
- Maintaining a friendly and approachable retail atmosphere.
- Ensuring all team members follow procedures and legal procedures.
- Manage any team member disputes.
- Train team members on proper standards, procedures, and protocols.
- Be an example for the team members of the standard of excellence.
- Communicate effectively with team members.
- Help create an environment that promotes consistent and fair application of company polices.
The Store Manager is responsible for ensuring that all compliance standards are met. This includes standards enforced by the company, by the state, and by the federal government. The manager must:
- Have a working knowledge of all company policies, standards, procedures, and rules.
- Ensure all employees are properly clocking in and clocking out.
- Ensure all new hire documents are correctly and efficiently filled out.
- Ensure all team members, including the manager, adhere to the company dress code and hygiene polices.
- Maintain confidentiality of all corporate information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Read, write, understand, and follow instructions.
- Communicate verbally and in written form effectively.
- Have the ability to multi-task.
- Have good problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Prior management experience desired.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- ServSafe Certification desired.
- High school diploma.
- Be legally old enough so sell alcohol and tobacco.
- Competitive Industry Salary
- Health Insurance
- Family – Friendly Work Schedules
- Company-wide events and activities that build strong team relationships.
If you're ready for the challenge and rewards of management in a fast-paced industry, we're ready to tell you more. To get started with your application just click below.